Evil Robot EVR-C30 Phil X Custom 214 Amplifier
When millions of people watched the Fretted Americana vintage guitar videos, hosted by legendary guitarist Phil X, almost everyone was clamouring to find out “what’s that tone?!”. Phil X’s amplifier of choice in those vids was a vintage Tonemaster Troubador 214 combo: a rare late 50s tube amp.
Phil X, Fretted Americana and boutique designer John Kasha got together and bought the old Tonemaster back to life in modern form. The Evil Robot Custom 214 was born!
At first, the only Evil Robot amps available were the USA handmade Custom 214 amps. They sounded great and paid homage to the tone of the original. However, handwiring and point to point circuitry meant that the original Evil Robot was too expensive for many guitarists.
But now, Evil Robot have announced this amp… the EVR-C30. It’s got all the awesome tone of the handwired Evil Robot, but at a much lower price point thanks to PCB construction! At last, the hallowed tone of the Evil Robot can be enjoyed by many more guitarists, and audiences across the world!
Introducing the new Phil X Custom 214 Evil Robot EVR-C30 Amplifier. It’s a 18-30 watt guitar combo with killer tone, incredible price and all new all-black design!
Reminiscent of the original Tonemaster Troubador 214 amp that came onto the market in 1959 and immediately set the standard for rock n’ roll, blues and R&B tone. With incredibly smooth harmonics and sweet Class A tone, it has once again been resurrected from the dead.
The EVIL*ROBOT Combo amp was carefully reconstructed from the ground up paying attention to the electronics that made the Tonemaster amp one of the most sought after tone machines for many artists over the years.
Since 2010, Phil X who is the host of the Fretted Americana hit classic guitar show on YouTube has demonstrated the original EVIL*ROBOT amp with classic guitars dating as far back as the 30s to the present with hundreds of videos playing rock classics.
Now in 2012, Fretted Americana and Kasha Amplifiers have teamed up again to make this great amp available in an economically-made version. The EVIL ROBOT EVR-C30 can be used in the studio, live with full bands and is perfect for small venues.
Our EVIL*ROBOT was the star of NAMM 2011 and feedback from our hit Youtube channel (22 million views as of December 2011) told us that the younger players yearn for an EVIL*ROBOT.
In 2012, to satisfy that audience (and others), we are proud to announce the birth of the economically affordable EVIL*ROBOT EVR-C30.
Boasting a full 30 watts – with a smart modernistic black cabinet and extra features, the EVIL*ROBOT EVR-C30 amp is great for gigging. It thumps out a great sound and is made with the same high quality production that the EVIL*ROBOT line is known for, but is priced for the wider market.
- Power: 18W/30W Class A, cathode biased
- Power Switches: Power On, 18W, Standby and 30W Operation
- Channels (2): Loudness A/B high and low
- LEOs: Loudness A and B
- Controls: Loudness A/B Volume, Tone A/B (pulling Loudness A switches between channels A and B)
- Master Volume: Controls overall volume level, maintains tone and distortion down to whisper levels
- Vibrato: Intensity and Speed
- Power Tubes: (4) 6V6 (fixed bias)
- Preamp Tubes: (3) 12AX7, (1) 12AU7, (1) 6AV6
- Speaker Output: 8/16 ohm selector, output jack wired to speaker, disengages external speaker when inserted
- Remote Speaker Output: 1/4″ metal jack, wired in parallel with main speaker.
- Effects Loop: Tube buffered, Send and Return (true bi-pass when not inserted)
- Tone Selector: Normal, Mellow, and Bright
- Transformers: Ear Tuned, Hand Wound
- Speaker: Custom speaker (8 ohm) 12″
- Chassis and Name Plate: 16 gauge steel, painted, screened and baked
- Assembly: Hand made, circuit board (2 oz copper traces, thick circuit board), quality components
- Front Jacks: (2) High and Low 1/4″ metal jacks
- Knobs: Black chicken head
- Cabinet: Birch Wood
- Tolex: Black, animal glue, finished corners
- Grill Cloth: Black Mesh
- Handle: Heavy duty black vintage style
- Accessories: Two button foot switch, controls channels and vibrato
- Weight: 28 lbs
- Dimensions: 20″L x 9.5″W x 15″H
- Cooling: Fan
- Power: 100VAC, 120VAC, and 240VAC – 50/60Hz – UL and CE transformers, USA and International
$999.00 + 59.00 Domestic 48 States shipping
Out of Stock